FORUMS: list search recent posts

My FCP 7 is taking too long to read my project ...alway stop at 25-33% for 45 mins-1hour

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kim Maziipan
My FCP 7 is taking too long to read my project ...alway stop at 25-33% for 45 mins-1hour
on Apr 12, 2013 at 2:51:18 pm

All of my FCP 7 projects always taking to long to read, around 45-60 mins and sometime won't even open!!

I've try to trash all render files and separate my project from all materials. I also try to transfer everything into another external hard disk and open the project..but still won't fix anything. Imy friend try to open her project on my FCP and it can open perfectly...so what's the problem with my project???!!!

Anyone please kindly help me finding the solutions...I'm so desperated nowwww.... T_____T

Thank you very much..
kim

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: My FCP 7 is taking too long to read my project ...alway stop at 25-33% for 45 mins-1hour
on Apr 12, 2013 at 6:46:33 pm

You wrote that always stops at 25/33%, so on that area of your time-line may be some corrupt media, or may be the very project corrupted.
If there is some corrupted media, you have to find out which is the corrupt clip or still that is causing the troubles (do you have any MOTION project on your time line?),
You must to put the media off-line and them relink by bunches till you get in troubles again.That means that you have try to relink the faulty media.
There is not other way to do so.
If the problem is on the project file, you need to open the project with the media off-line and save with a different name.

ANYWAY, before trying any of both methods, you should try to clean FC Preferences.
Run this free application:
http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/
rafael

Return to posts index

Kim Maziipan
Re: My FCP 7 is taking too long to read my project ...alway stop at 25-33% for 45 mins-1hour
on Apr 12, 2013 at 7:11:44 pm

Thank you very much...Rafael. I really appreciate your help. I'll try and let you know the result..Cheers!

Return to posts index

Kim Maziipan
on Apr 12, 2013 at 8:49:40 pm

Dear Rafael...

I've tried rename my project folder (copy to another ExHDD) and reconnected all the media offline..and it's now working perfectly fine!! Thank you soooooo much for your attempt to answer my question...it save my life ^___^

Anyway, I'm still wonder if my last external hard disk could coz the problem...as every time I connect it to my (very new) iMac..my computer become slow down and unresponsive...and take sooo long to open and transfer the files..)??!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Apr 13, 2013 at 4:14:52 pm

Most of the problems that arise when working with computers are not due to the hardware or applications, but to the operative system. If the system is a mess applications cant run smooth and fast, and any system get messed with the very use.
You can prevent many of those problems with some maintenance routines that helps to keep the system optimized.
Is good to repair the system Permissions now and them and if you can use something like DiskWarrior or TechTools will help you to keep clean discs directories and makes everything run faster and without errors.
is like putting lubricant to an engine.
rafael

Return to posts index

Kim Maziipan
on Apr 14, 2013 at 9:08:50 am

Thank you very much for very clear advice Rafael. You're STAR!! ><

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]