FORUMS: list search recent posts

Extend shot to fill gap ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
emma rooney
Extend shot to fill gap ?
on Apr 5, 2013 at 9:39:24 am

Hi there

Is there any way to extend a shot to fill a gap. I am editing animatic and need to cut the jpegs to the dialog. I find I have to manually extend the shot out to meet the next jpeg that meets the dialog beat. I dont need the close gap function i need an extend until you meet another shot shortcut . Any ideas ?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Extend shot to fill gap ?
on Apr 5, 2013 at 1:44:59 pm

You are talking about "extend a shot" and JPEGs, so not sue if you are editing stills or video.
rafael

Return to posts index

emma rooney
on Apr 5, 2013 at 2:05:09 pm

Stills

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 5, 2013 at 2:13:14 pm

Use your ina nd out settings to give you a duration you want. Double-click on the JPEG you want to extend, go to its duration window, upper left, and type that duration in.

Return to posts index

emma rooney
on Apr 5, 2013 at 2:51:10 pm

Ya, but that's not really a shortcut. I might as well just grab the end and extend. Im looking for a one touch - extend until to meet the next jpeg that is in seq.

Thanks
e

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Apr 5, 2013 at 2:58:51 pm

Or with the play head in beginning of the next still, click the left border of the still you want to extend (in the time line), and click "e": extension.
rafael

Return to posts index

emma rooney
on Apr 5, 2013 at 3:16:03 pm

Great Rafael,

That works great.Is there anyway to reduce the number of keystrokes there. It still seems faster to just grab the left border and extend to the next clip besides having to place the playhead at the next head. Also would there be a way of telling the timeline - To extend all the panels/jpegs if there is a gap in a batch situation ?

Return to posts index

emma rooney
on Apr 8, 2013 at 10:40:17 am

Can i extend a still without overwriting the next one. If i play my stills and want stop the playhead the previous.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]