FORUMS: list search recent posts

Embarrassing I-Movie question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Strader
Embarrassing I-Movie question
on Mar 19, 2013 at 7:23:36 pm

Embarrassed to post an I-movie question in a FCP forum, sorry about this.

My Imovie will not stop processing video thumbnails from each previous project. So after about the umpteenth project the pinwheel spins forever before the project will open completely up. Then all the thumbnails are in the project pane. And that's even when I trash my plist and start a new project.

Besides disconnecting my drives so that Imovie will not try to read all the files and pull them all in, is there something else I'm not doing that I could be doing?

Sorry if I am typing as clear as mud.

Vinnie

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
Re: Embarrassing I-Movie question
on Mar 19, 2013 at 7:26:26 pm

Stil using Imovie 9 8.0.6. Office did not want to upgrade if we only use it to capture. It has been capturing better than FCP7 when we tape HDV.

Vinnie
---
24, LOST, Prison Break, FRINGE, Supernatural, DEXTER, Breaking Bad, CHUCK, Flash Forward, HEROES...even SMALLVILLE in the latter seasons.. they've all ruined my movie going experience by being better than so many movies out today.

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
on Mar 19, 2013 at 7:36:59 pm

I just trashed all the cache and thumbnail folders for projects I didn't care about and it's starting to respond to me better.

But it's still processing and generating thumbnails for past projects I don't want to work on with the wind mill thing spinning in the area where the time line usually is. It's pulling up projects I hadn't worked on since 2011.

Vinnie
---
24, LOST, Prison Break, FRINGE, Supernatural, DEXTER, Breaking Bad, CHUCK, Flash Forward, HEROES...even SMALLVILLE in the latter seasons.. they've all ruined my movie going experience by being better than so many movies out today.

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
on Mar 19, 2013 at 8:56:37 pm

Over an hour later the program is still generating thumbnails (processing projects). Good thing is, it's working at least and not locking up after I trashed all the cache and thumbnails. Bad thing is, what's happening with it. Why does it go back to other older projects even after the user designates they want to start a new project?

Vinnie
---

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
on Mar 19, 2013 at 8:59:38 pm

And it looks like I'm not the only one. Only problem here is nobody solved the issue.
https://discussions.apple.com/message/6268472#6268472

Vinnie
---

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 19, 2013 at 10:13:58 pm

[Vincent Strader] "we only use it to capture. It has been capturing better than FCP7 when we tape HDV."

And you are degrading the image when you do this. iMovie captures HDV in Apple Intermediate Codec, which is lossy.

Not only that, but iMovie doesn't capture any REEL information nor timecode information. If you lost the footage and needed to recapture to rebuild your project...you'd be SOL.

Just sayin....

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]