FORUMS: list search recent posts

walking through effect

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Laurente
walking through effect
on Mar 16, 2013 at 12:39:49 pm

I did several searches and couldn't find an answers so if you know of a thread please feel free to direct me over thataway...

I'm trying to achieve an effect where a person "walks through" another. The basic setup is a camera on a tripod, static background, and I would like to have it look like the person who is standing literally has the person who is walking, walk through them. I've tried a few things and I'm not sure if FCP has any way of doing this via opaqueness, etc?

Any helps or direction to the right place would be awesome.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: walking through effect
on Mar 17, 2013 at 4:14:19 am

You can try with the picture opacity and the "Composite Modes" (left click on the clip >Composite modes).
rafael

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 17, 2013 at 4:27:23 am

Raphael's method is simplest, but may look more like walking thru a ghost than passing thru solid matter.

Depending on the exact aesthetic you're trying to achieve, you may have to combine his technique with a rotoscope-like effect, using the multipoint masking tool to shape a body-shaped hole thru the object your passing thru.

This might be way easier if you green-screened both characters in the shooting stage. Then you have more options with masking and opacity to make the both objects still seem solid, not translucent.

Return to posts index

David Laurente
on Mar 17, 2013 at 8:36:11 pm

Hey Mark and Raphael thank you for both of your suggestions, I'm going to try some tests out and see what I can accomplish before the actual shoot day but these both some promising!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]