FORUMS: list search recent posts

Countdown/Slate for HD broadcast - how to make/download one? FCP 7 on a Mac

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad DeCecco
Countdown/Slate for HD broadcast - how to make/download one? FCP 7 on a Mac
on Mar 4, 2013 at 12:58:01 am

I have been asked to send a music video I shot for broadcast overseas, one of the things they want is: "Unique slate and countdown from 10 Seconds"
I have to do this tonight, does anyone know how to do this in FCP 7? Or can I download something? ANd once downloaded, how do I put my unique info into it? And then is that the numbers/wheel thing afterwards? I have no idea about this stuff, any help appreciated!
-AS

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Countdown/Slate for HD broadcast - how to make/download one? FCP 7 on a Mac
on Mar 4, 2013 at 5:52:27 pm

There is a countdown and slate built into your "print to video" export controls, pretty easy

Or you can make a slate and countdown in a few minutes in the timeline.

Generate a track and use the text tool to list
Title:
Date:
Master:
Producer:
Editor:
Air date/ kill date:
Tech stuff like audio and etc.

Lay that down on the lowest video track.

Now make another text file, make it about a quarter the size of a full screen, position it off to the right away from your slate text. set the duration to one second long, and type in the number "10"
Save that off on your bin, then drag it back into the timeline 8 times. Double-click in each clip and change the numbers in descending order until you get to the 2. The "2" should only be 15 frames long, a half-second. One and one half seconds of black with silence follows the "2-pop". The next frame of video should be the first frame of your program. Go back and add ten frames of 1 khz tone to the beeps to the start of each number, until you get to the "2". You can get that from the bars and tone generators in the same place as the text tool.

Save off this stuff into its own project and you only ever have to make the countdown once, and the slate can be saved off and changed quickly.

My typical formula goes like this:
Bars and tone, 30 sec. Tone continues under ten sec. of slate. Slate with countdown supered on it for 10 sec. with 10-frame audio beeps at 1 khz up to the 2-pop, then 1.5 sec black and then program. Other people's may vary.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]