FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't copy and paste into new sequence (with new settings?)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad DeCecco
Can't copy and paste into new sequence (with new settings?)
on Feb 28, 2013 at 1:58:30 am

I have a 24P (Canon 5D Mark II) project I have edited into a sequence and a tv (Europe) station needs it in PAL and at a much smaller size (720x576 and anapomorphic). I was told I can take the 1920 HD sequence, copy and paste it into the new sequence - but when I do that, it won't let me paste into the new (SD) timeline. Any idea how to get around this? Any help appreciated, thanks!

Return to posts index

Todd Gillespie
Re: Can't copy and paste into new sequence (with new settings?)
on Feb 28, 2013 at 2:03:51 am

Hmmm. No, that's not really the way to 'convert' your sequence.

Easiest would be to drop your original sequence NEST it into a PAL sequence-then adjust. Although if you don't need to change anything in the sequence, you're probably better making a ProRes copy of the sequence, then use Compressor to do the pull-down and HD-SD conversion.

Good Luck,
Todd

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 28, 2013 at 2:08:16 am

Also look at nattress.com and the STANDARDS CONVERTER plugin. But really, that's for when you drop a PAL clip into an NTSC timeline and want it to look good. Or NTSC into a PAL timeline. Not something I'd use for a whole show.

Export a full res Quicktime...use Compressor to convert.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Todd Gillespie
on Feb 28, 2013 at 2:12:16 am

Shane's correct. Forgot to mention, I use Nattress.

Which is why the 'nest' sequence option is a good idea if you have that plug-in. Then you can just apply it to the entire sequence in one stroke.

todd

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

Brad DeCecco
on Mar 4, 2013 at 1:16:30 am

Not sure what the "nest" sequence option is? is this something extra or is it in the regular compressor settings? Can you guys break it down for me, more step-by-step? Sorry but I have never done a conversion in compressor, not sure how to do al this stuff? I also have to make a 16:9 sequence (24P) which was shot at 1920, into a "16:9 FHA" at 720x576 -have no idea how to execute this. Any (super-basic) instructions greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Todd Gillespie
on Mar 13, 2013 at 4:38:05 pm

Sorry Brian.
Didn't see your response. Hope you solved it, but 'nesting' a sequence is simply placing a sequence (your edited final) into another sequence (with the NEW output settings you need) and export.

Good Luck,

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]