FORUMS: list search recent posts

Putting Final Cut film on to iDVD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Wynn
Putting Final Cut film on to iDVD
on Feb 22, 2013 at 12:30:13 am

I have finished my film and want to put it on to iDVD. I have three sequences I want to put in my iDVD project but don't know where to find them on my computer. When I exported the sequences as Quicktime movies the quality was reduced. Also, I have added Chapter markers in my film and want to know how I can access these in a 'Chapters' section in my iDVD project. Thanks very much for you help.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Putting Final Cut film on to iDVD
on Feb 22, 2013 at 9:36:58 am

[Rob Wynn] "I have three sequences I want to put in my iDVD project but don't know where to find them on my computer. When I exported the sequences as Quicktime movies the quality was reduced."
Well, you say that you don't find them, but you say they have reduced quality.
If you don't find them how can you know they have lower quality?

You must export QT movie with the higher quality you can in order to get a good DVD out of iDVD.
What kind of footage have you used?
Which are you sequence settings?
Have you applied any effect, resizing or whatever to the footage/
rafael

Return to posts index

Rob Wynn
on Feb 22, 2013 at 10:19:26 am

Hi Rafael, thanks for responding to my question. The low quality sequences are only when I export them via QT. I presumed that you could actually find the original sequence that I've created in Final Cut on your computer.

If I have to export it in the highest quality I'm guessing you have to choose one of the many options in the 'settings' drop down box. Which one should I choose?

Rob

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
on Feb 22, 2013 at 10:16:31 pm

Hi Rob

Your sequence does not exist as a discrete QT file until you export it. Up to that point it is merely pointing to all of your source clips and render files where you have created effects, colour corrections, captions etc. So there is no QT file to find.

Add markers in your sequence then edit the markers to become "chapter markers"

When you export you should select your sequence and choose export, quicktime move, and you will get a window like this

If you export using current settings the quality should match your sequence quality. You can also include markers, you need to add chapter markers in FCP in order for them to translate correctly.

Finally ensure you tick the Make Movie Self Contained option.

That should produce a QT file identical to your sequence settings and quality and contain data for your chapter markers.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

8 Core MacPro, Kona 3, Tangent Wave, Mackie Universal Symphony 6.5 FCP7
i7 2.7 Gig MBP (non retina) 16Gigs Ram Blackmagic Monitor Mini Symphony 6.5 FCP7

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]