FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mpg

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Natalie Conaway
Mpg
on Feb 2, 2013 at 6:23:37 am

I'm fairly new to video editing and have edited a project that the client wants submitted as an uncompressed mpg. Would I need to export from Final Cut as an .mov file (I have FCP 7) and then convert to mpg? What program would I use to do that? Also, I made the mistake of putting all the media files on my computer—no external drive—and when I export to .mov, it's not playing back smoothly. Is there an easy way to move my files to an external drive and not have to reedit? I already spent a lot of time color-correcting in Color and rendering.

Thanks for any advice!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Mpg
on Feb 2, 2013 at 10:43:35 am

[Natalie Conaway] "I'm fairly new to video editing and have edited a project that the client wants submitted as an uncompressed mpg. Would I need to export from Final Cut as an .mov file (I have FCP 7) and then convert to mpg?"
Yes, but you need then to ask them you which kind of "mpg" they want and what for.
Normally you can do it with Compressor.

[Natalie Conaway] "Also, I made the mistake of putting all the media files on my computer—no external drive—and when I export to .mov, it's not playing back smoothly. Is there an easy way to move my files to an external drive and not have to reedit? I already spent a lot of time color-correcting in Color and rendering."
The easiest way is that you use Media Manager, selecting the "Media; Copy" option, and in "Media Destination", you chose your external HD.
A new project will be created including only the media you have used on your sequence.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Natalie Conaway
Re: Mpg
on Feb 6, 2013 at 3:34:32 am

Thanks! It worked.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]