FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making a surround shadow in Text

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leonard Frankford
Making a surround shadow in Text
on Jan 3, 2013 at 8:21:04 pm

I would like to use the Text CG to create a roll. I have to select Drop Shadow in Motion to add a shadow, but I want a white shadow that completely surrounds black letters. In other words, I need to add depth to the shadow with no offset or angle. I don't see a Depth slider. Is there any way to do this in Text?

Leonard

Leonard F.

Return to posts index

jerry wise
Re: Making a surround shadow in Text
on Jan 3, 2013 at 9:42:00 pm

do your text crawl with no drop shadow. add effects/video filters/glow/outer glow.
make the two color pots white.
play with radius and brightness to get the desired result.

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Jan 3, 2013 at 10:54:42 pm

or better yet....use Boris Text Crawl...which comes with FCP7. you'll get good results.

Return to posts index

Leonard Frankford
on Jan 4, 2013 at 4:14:07 pm

I have that titler, along with Boris 3D, but I couldn't figure out how to make anything scroll. I didn't see any crawl or roll buttons in the software. It looks just like Boris 3D to me. Any hints? Thanks.

Leonard

Leonard F.

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Jan 4, 2013 at 4:53:17 pm

when in boris title crawl "controls" you have to select animation style at the top of the menu. then at the bottom of the menu you select or unselect "use percent completion" ...selected will crawl for the duration of the title clip you have laid on the timeline....unselect will allow you to keyframe the crawl.

of course at first you need to type out your crawl/roll text and drop that on the timeline.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]