FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I convert from DV over Firewire to ProRes422 720x486 during tape capture?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josephine Balakrishnan
How do I convert from DV over Firewire to ProRes422 720x486 during tape capture?
on Nov 25, 2012 at 6:57:38 pm

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: How do I convert from DV over Firewire to ProRes422 720x486 during tape capture?
on Nov 26, 2012 at 1:59:48 am

Try duplicating a DV NTSC capture preset and change the codec for Prores.
If you are capturing from a DV device, I guess you can only capture 720x480.
You need to capture to a fast drive.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

josephine balakrishnan
Re: How do I convert from DV over Firewire to ProRes422 720x486 during tape capture?
on Nov 26, 2012 at 4:24:10 am

thanks. I'm taking it in to Davince Resolve. Will that work?

Return to posts index

josephine balakrishnan
on Nov 26, 2012 at 4:53:44 am

I just tried to change the presets but the compressor is greyed out on all the presets. I tried Premiere but i don't see a preset capture.

I know it can be done but i think its off a deck which is expensive since i don't have one.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Nov 26, 2012 at 9:59:33 am

[josephine balakrishnan] "I just tried to change the presets but the compressor is greyed out on all the presets."
You are right, the codec can't be changed.
Sorry, i thought could be possible, because HDV can be captured as Prores through FW, but the preset is not editable.

[josephine balakrishnan] "I know it can be done but i think its off a deck which is expensive since i don't have one."
Is not about a desk about an IO card.
is necessary something like a BlackMagic, AJA, Matrox or similar.
Some are quite affordable, however,you won't get any benefit on capturing that footage as Prores.
The only you will get is four folds bigger files.
rafael

Return to posts index

josephine balakrishnan
on Nov 26, 2012 at 8:14:52 pm

Evidentally these 6 lines (bringing in the ProRes ) makes a big difference when I work in Black Magic Resolve. That's why its important.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Nov 27, 2012 at 4:10:19 am

[josephine balakrishnan] "Evidentally these 6 lines (bringing in the ProRes ) makes a big difference when I work in Black Magic Resolve. That's why its important."
Those 6 lines shouldn't make no difference at all.
CC applications should be format/definition agnostic.
At least in Apple Color there is no difference on working with Prores 720x480 or 720x486.
The application put out the same size that gets in.
720x486 is only meaningful when you need to print to tape at 10b.
rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]