FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recurring problem with frame size when exporting HD 16:9 sequence?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tj Foley
Recurring problem with frame size when exporting HD 16:9 sequence?
on Nov 22, 2012 at 2:51:16 am

I've been searching the forums for an answer, but keep finding ones that are not very clear to me or are conflicting views.

I have a project that I shot on an HVX200 as 720/24p. My final goal is to put it onto a Standard DVD. Everytime I export the sequence as a Quicktime Movie or for Quicktime Conversion, the video plays in a squeezed 4:3 frame, even though my settings are for 16:9 (I set it to NTSC 720x480, checked the box to prserve ratio and letterbox, still the problem persists).

Can someone give me a basic rundown of how to take the HD sequence and export it for Standard Def DVD preserving the aspect ratio? I am not a professional, am using FCP 5, and don't know too much of the really technical stuff, but am just looking for a basic workflow. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Recurring problem with frame size when exporting HD 16:9 sequence?
on Nov 22, 2012 at 9:49:30 am

[Tj Foley] "Everytime I export the sequence as a Quicktime Movie or for Quicktime Conversion, the video plays in a squeezed 4:3 frame, even though my settings are for 16:9 (I set it to NTSC 720x480, checked the box to prserve ratio and letterbox, still the problem persists). "
You are doing nothing wrong.
QT don't know that your 720x480 pixels are NTSC. Hi thinks they are squared, distort the picture.
Make the MPEG-2 in Compressor, and when you bring it to DVDSTPro, check the 16x9 option.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]