FORUMS: list search recent posts

making a readable dvd

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Louise Macaulay
making a readable dvd
on Nov 14, 2012 at 6:29:29 pm

My boss gave me his daughter's wedding video from 2003 and asked if I could "do something with it" to make it play on a DVD player attached to a television (as opposed to on a computer.) He also says the video is too small and wants me to blow it up.

Here's a pic of the current DVD file structure.

I can't get play.exe to work at all, so I'm not sure what the "assets" do. According to MPEGStreamclip, the mpg files are 224 MPEG-1, 352x240, 29.97fps, 1.15 Mbps, audio is 192 MP2 stereo, 44.1 kHz, 224 kbps.

Any suggestions on how to do.... something??... with this DVD? Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Eric Strand
Re: making a readable dvd
on Nov 14, 2012 at 6:43:19 pm

Looks like you can just grab the mpg files and drag them to your desktop. You can then throw them in Compressor to blow them up and create your DVD files. It's going to look like garbage...remember garbage in = garbage out.

You could ask him if he had the original tapes, then you could create the DVDs from the source material.

Return to posts index

Louise Macaulay
on Nov 14, 2012 at 7:10:33 pm

Thanks Eric. Any suggestion on what should I convert them to in Compressor to make a DVD?

I did ask him if he had any original files or anything else and this is all he has. So yep, it'll be GIGO, he knows it.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Eric Strand
on Nov 14, 2012 at 7:22:31 pm

Hi Louise, You can use the DVD Best Quality 90 minutes setting. You have to drag up both the Dolby Digital setting and the MPEG-2 setting. The dolby digital is your audio and the MPEG-2 is your video.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Nov 15, 2012 at 2:19:16 am

That's not a DVD. Not even a VCD.
I guess is an interective CD-ROM or so.

[Louise Macaulay] "I can't get play.exe to work at all, so I'm not sure what the "assets" do. According to MPEGStreamclip, the mpg files are 224 MPEG-1, 352x240, 29.97fps, 1.15 Mbps, audio is 192 MP2 stereo, 44.1 kHz, 224 kbps.

Any suggestions on how to do.... something??... with this DVD? Thanks in advance!"

You need to upscale the MPG-1 video.
Use MPGStreamclip and convert to Quick Time.
- Use 8b Uncompressed or Prores to avoid more picture degradation.
- Upscale to 720 x 480 (DVD standard size)
- Uncheck "Interlaced Scaling".
Leave the rest of the controls as they are.
With the resulting QT file fallow the normal process in Compressor or DVDSTP.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]