FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM transfer problem with FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cindy Hill
XDCAM transfer problem with FCP 7
on Oct 5, 2012 at 12:12:15 am

Please forgive the ignorant nature of this question, but I am trying to troubleshoot for some of my graduate students. They have been hired to transcribe and transfer about 20 hours of XDCAM EX footage and deliver high rez mov files to the chief editor on the project. In looking over the footage and studying the bit rates I am a bit concerned that they may have inadvertently ingested this footage at ProRes 422 proxy or LT and not regular ProRes 422. The VBR for the MOV files all come in at 35 Mb/s. Does that same right for ProRes422 (non-proxy or LT)? Sorry I am a bit sleep deprived and hence the somewhat convoluted description. I shoot and edit with DVCPRO HD (P2 media) and am not as familiar with the XDCAM files. I also cannot get a clear answer to my question about how they logged and transferred. I just wonder if they did not use the proper program settings or failed to use the XDCAM plug-in. Any suggestions would be most welcome. I will gladly accept admonishments if you could just be kind enough to throw a girl a life jacket!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: XDCAM transfer problem with FCP 7
on Oct 5, 2012 at 6:45:21 pm

I think the default in the Log and Transfer windor for XDCAM footage is the "XDCAM EX" codec which is 35mb/ VBR. I really like the codec. If you bring the clip into FCP and look at it in the Bin you will see a "Compressor" option. It will tell you what the codec is. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]