FORUMS: list search recent posts

Handbrake and mpeg streamclip settings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rups gill
Handbrake and mpeg streamclip settings
on Oct 2, 2012 at 1:51:11 pm

Hi there. New to this forum. I have 4 wedding DVDs that I am trying to rip to my mac (OS X 10.6.8). I want to then edit these in imovie (as thats all i have) and then burn the movies back on to individual dvds.

I downloaded handbrake (64 bit) and VLC (32-64 bit) and have ripped the DVDs to m4v format. I am then using mpeg streamclip to convert this to .mov files to import into imovie where I am doing the editing. The problem I am encountering is that the m4v and mov files are very badly pixelated.

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. What's settings should i be using in handbrake and mpeg streamclip when ripping DVD to export to iMovie to edit and burn back onto DVD? I need optimum resolution so the end DVD is of professional quality.

Please help, at my wits end with this.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Handbrake and mpeg streamclip settings
on Oct 2, 2012 at 3:27:24 pm

[rups gill] "I downloaded handbrake (64 bit) and VLC (32-64 bit) and have ripped the DVDs to m4v format. I am then using mpeg streamclip to convert this to .mov"
Forget about Handbrake and MP4s. DVDs are already too compress to screw then even more with this step.

Convert directly with MPGstreamclip to whatever decent codec. Prores would be the best option, otherwise use DVCpro50 or DV.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Handbrake and mpeg streamclip settings
on Oct 4, 2012 at 5:54:51 am

Since you have iMovie then I am pretty sure ProRes is not an option for you. Do not use MP4 use the DV option.

So use MPEG Streamclip to DV then you can edit the DV nativly without any futher loss of quality. However you will lose a bit of quality when you have to re-encode for your new DVD but that is the best route for iMovie.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]