FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making folders within Capture Scratch

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jackie Zabel
Making folders within Capture Scratch
on Sep 5, 2012 at 5:09:44 pm

Greetings!

So I'm trying to demystify this capture scratch business. At our production house, we have separate hard drives devoted to separate projects. On those drives, we have a folder for the FCP project and a folder for the dailies (where we set our scratch disk to). We have found this to be a super effective method to streamline media organization, however, the media tends to add up quick. We will have some 200 files within the capture scratch folder (and we like to keep a back up drive that we have to manually sync).

So my question: is there a way to create separate folders WITHIN the Capture scratch folder that FCP creates. This would help us to organize media based on shoot date, character, etc. into smaller folders instead of a huge long lists of media that we have to manually sort through in order to sync our drives

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Making folders within Capture Scratch
on Sep 6, 2012 at 5:11:19 am

[Jackie Zabel] "So my question: is there a way to create separate folders WITHIN the Capture scratch folder that FCP creates. This would help us to organize media based on shoot date, character, etc. into smaller folders instead of a huge long lists of media that we have to manually sort through in order to sync our drives"
FCP creates a folder per project, then you can organize manually in sub-folders. Delete the bins that you have created in the Browser, and "Import Folders". That will re-import the footage with all the new folders structure that you have created.
Do that before starting to edit.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]