FORUMS: list search recent posts

2048x1556 playback

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dominic Hadenfeldt
2048x1556 playback
on Aug 25, 2012 at 1:15:23 pm

Hello everyone,
I have been reading lots of posts for some insight - this question my fit into a few forums. Still a bit confused. Very much a noob. : )

I'm getting 35mm scanned film back as full aspect 2048x1556 Prores HQ files. My Decklink Extreme (which doesn't handle 2048x1556) is currently rescaling the image on playback to something squished, which I expected. The my setup is FCP/Color/Resolve through to Bluray. The system is fortunately fast enough with SSD's raided.

I want to rescale the image and file to 1920x1080, ultimately. Should this be done in AE?
Other than a filmout, what is the benefit to staying with the original 2048x1556 until compressing for BD?

Trying
Dominic

Dominic

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: 2048x1556 playback
on Aug 27, 2012 at 1:58:20 am

Is the movie 4x3 or has been shot with an anamorphic lens?
I've never worked with Resolve, but I guess that Resolve has a the way to rescale the picture and to manage the picture aspect. Apple Color has it.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Sareesh Sudhakaran
on Aug 27, 2012 at 3:12:28 am

You could resize in AE, or you could even try to do it in Photoshop.

Ideally one should try to keep the 'best' standard until the very last moment. In your case you'll grade the footage in Resolve after the edit, and then render to a 2K master. From this master you make the 'resized' BD.

http://wolfcrow.com/blog/ - Workflow information and support for filmmakers, photographers, audiographers and videographers.

Return to posts index

Dominic Hadenfeldt
on Sep 6, 2012 at 7:09:11 pm

Thanks everyone for the great feedback. I was hoping someone who used 2048 film scans all the way to a commercial mac bluray would chime in with thier experiences/recommendations. I'll perhaps repost on a more appropriate forum.

Thanks again
Dominic

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]