FORUMS: list search recent posts

Paranoid Newbie question about importing into FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale Roberts
Paranoid Newbie question about importing into FCP
on Aug 22, 2012 at 4:04:53 am

HI there,

Well, I'm learning as I go here on FCP 6...

I just did a tutorial on how to set up my project and making all the correct folders etc, all good...

And so I am happily editing away after importing my footage and then I wonder if they go into the file structure that I had previously set up, I look and no they arent going in there... am I missing a step?

I put a file into my graphics folder in the file structure to see if that would show up in my project but it didnt... what am I doing wrong? I assumed that the footage would find its way into the folder somehow...

Am i importing incorrectly? I just dont want any mess when its time to clean up later...
many thanks...

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Paranoid Newbie question about importing into FCP
on Aug 22, 2012 at 6:05:27 am

If you set up a file structure on the Finder level...on the computer, not in FCP...that matches what you have in FCP, and then add a file ONLY to the folder on the desktop...finder...level, it does NOT go into FCP automatically. No, you need to import from there into FCP as well. Just drag and drop it into the bin you want.

The FCP project doesn't automatically update when you add files on the Finder level. It doesn't work that way. And, if you add it to FCP into the Browser file structure, the file will go into FCP, but will NOT go into the file structure that you made on the desktop. FCP just points to where it is when you imported. You need to put it where you want it first, then import into FCP.

Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved