FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recording FCP footage to dvw m2000p - digibeta tape

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
robert coombes
Recording FCP footage to dvw m2000p - digibeta tape
on Aug 15, 2012 at 4:30:48 pm

Hello All,

Please bear with me as i am new to the site and have solved many technical problems in the past by looking at the very useful feedback people leave on CC, although this time i really do need your help and have joined!!

I have a project on FCP 7 which i want to lay to digibeta pal, it is only a 60 second project for commercial content to go to broadcast.

Basically, i have connected fcp 7 (on a macbook pro) to an AJA I/O and have configured the settings so i can view content through the I/O box from my MAC (connected via a DV firewire on PAL settings, as not using HD). So i can view footage WITHOUT SOUND?

The AJA I/O box is connected to a DVW M2000P Digibeta deck via an RS-422 connection and SDI connection for viewing both the FCP/AJA I/O and Digibeta Deck content.

Although i can view the content from my MAC without sound, i can't sync the MAC with the Digibeta Deck for recording footage of which i use the 'Print To Tape' option?
I have changed the digibeta deck settings to SDI, EE, CONFIG ENABLE and the remote button '1 (9P)' but unfortunately there is no sync what so ever (same settings i use when laying to tape and digitising footage using Telestream Pipeline software)?

Could someone please advise me as to what i am doing wrong or haven't configured, as i'm pretty sure i've missed something on the digibeta deck??

Any questions please let me know and am looking forward to feedback as i know the people on this site are pretty good with feedback!!!

Thanks a bunch!

Rob

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Recording FCP footage to dvw m2000p - digibeta tape
on Aug 15, 2012 at 5:12:45 pm

Which AJA I/O model are you using?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

robert coombes
Re: Recording FCP footage to dvw m2000p - digibeta tape