FORUMS: list search recent posts

FINAL CUT PRO sequence successfully converted to H.264 File by COMPRESSOR changed to a "Toast Document" when I tried to open it with TOAST 10, and now I can't recover or find the H.264 file I spent a day-and-a-half creating.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cal Koury
FINAL CUT PRO sequence successfully converted to H.264 File by COMPRESSOR changed to a "Toast Document" when I tried to open it with TOAST 10, and now I can't recover or find the H.264 file I spent a day-and-a-half creating.
on Aug 10, 2012 at 5:02:16 pm

I spent over 24 hours waiting for COMPRESSOR to make an H.264 file from a FINAL CUT PRO sequence that I could then use to make a Blu-Ray disc.

This morning, COMPRESSOR indicated that the conversion had been "successful" and I found the file on my hard drive, as an H.264 File of about 5 GB.

When I clicked on the file, however, the OS indicated that there was no application associated with the file to open it; so I opened TOAST 10, and dragged the H.264 file onto the TOAST window. The H.264 file still wouldn't open or play, TOAST indicated there was no audio track, and the size was a mere 180 megabytes.

Seeking a different application with which to open the H.264, I closed TOAST, without saving, but now the H.264 file has a "Toast Document" extension -- and, whenever I click on it, the same TOAST document opens.

Did TOAST permanently alter the H.264 it took me so long to convert?

Can I recover my H.264 file without again sending the sequence from FCP to Compressor and spending another day-and-a-half converting it to H.264?

I'm running OS 10.6.8 on a 3.2 GHZ Intel Core i3 iMac.

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
Re: FINAL CUT PRO sequence successfully converted to H.264 File by COMPRESSOR changed to a "Toast Document" when I tried to open it with TOAST 10, and now I can't recover or find the H.264 file I spent a day-and-a-half creating.
on Aug 18, 2012 at 2:48:59 am

It doesn't look like you can fix it. It sounds like something happened either during your Export or when Toast was trying to read it. You will most likely have to re-export.

Jessica Muth
jmuth01@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: FINAL CUT PRO sequence successfully converted to H.264 File by COMPRESSOR changed to a "Toast Document" when I tried to open it with TOAST 10, and now I can't recover or find the H.264 file I spent a day-and-a-half creating.
on Aug 18, 2012 at 3:09:52 pm

Add a .mov extension.
If the file is OK QT will be able to play it.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]