FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ghost image on my time line

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Strader
Ghost image on my time line
on Aug 8, 2012 at 9:07:07 pm

I took a DVD, ripped the video off with Mpegstream clip, imorted the QT into my time line, made some edits to cover up the faces of some of the people, and the faces would stay there at the last frame. I would edit a different image into the time line, but as the video went from the edited picture I dropped in back to the video, the last clip of the faces would pop up still. When I went through frame by frame they would not appear, but when I played the time line they pop up ever time.

Too hard to explain in text and too hard to comprehend what I'm writing I know. So here's a video of what I'm trying to explain.

If this has happened to you, what was your solution. I tried dipping to color fade so the color would block out the image (didn't work). I tried putting a slug over the 1 frame of video.. but the ghost image just popped up after the slug. It's the weirdest thing I've ever dealt with on FCP.

Vinnie
---
24, LOST, Prison Break, FRINGE, Supernatural, DEXTER, Breaking Bad, CHUCK, Flash Forward, HEROES...even SMALLVILLE in the latter seasons.. they've all ruined my movie going experience by being better than so many movies out today.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Ghost image on my time line
on Aug 9, 2012 at 1:03:09 am

Q: are all the elements in the project now in the same codec, and what codec are you using for the edit?

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
on Aug 10, 2012 at 5:41:27 pm

Quicktime
640x480
H.264
Color profile SD 6-1-6

And the worm graphic is a jpeg.

I ripped an existing DVD using Mpegstream clip and dragged the slider to the highest setting, but 1 pass (and all of the above).

Thanks for any eduMacation or ideas.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 10, 2012 at 11:40:14 pm

You don't edit h.264 in final cut 7, it is worse than putting ketchup on a hot dog.

Re-rip the DVD. Have stream clip output a pro res file, make the entire project 422 pro res. The n try your effects again. Don't turn this into h.264 until you're ready to output to web or whatever.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Aug 13, 2012 at 2:29:31 pm

As Mark said.
That's the kind of things you risk when putting h264 on a FC sequence.
After ripping the DVD, convert the files to Prores or 8b Uncompressed with MPGStreamclip.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
on Aug 27, 2012 at 8:59:32 pm

Thanks Mark & Rafael!

And Ketchup on a hotdog ROCKS! :) Ketchup on Eggs, Ketchup on Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes with cheese and Ketchup... MMMMMMM...

But I love Mustard too :)

Vinnie
---
24, LOST, Prison Break, FRINGE, Supernatural, DEXTER, Breaking Bad, CHUCK, Flash Forward, HEROES...even SMALLVILLE in the latter seasons.. they've all ruined my movie going experience by being better than so many movies out today.

By the way, the ghost image is there still in the playback monitor. But I noticed that when I render a sample clip out that there is no clipping image like that in the final output.

But I'll stick to ProRes from now on when doing things like this.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 27, 2012 at 11:14:53 pm

(Quoting: "Thanks Mark & Rafael!
And Ketchup on a hotdog ROCKS! :)"

You are dead to me now.

:-)

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Aug 28, 2012 at 4:16:48 pm

[Vincent Strader] "By the way, the ghost image is there still in the playback monitor. But I noticed that when I render a sample clip out that there is no clipping image like that in the final output."
See if disappear deleting the "Constant Frames". In the Renders folder.
rafael
BTW: About ketchup, I'm with Mark. Is the best way to ruin a good hot dog, french fries or a nice suit.

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]