FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sequence footage settings messed up in fcp7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Winn
Sequence footage settings messed up in fcp7
on Jul 21, 2012 at 10:27:19 pm

Hi, I have footage shot on a 7D. I log & transfer it into fcp7, drop it into the timeline and the sequence is usually 1920x1080, squared, etc.

I've been working on a project and I just cut up a bunch of clips from some new footage (same camera, workflow etc), then when I tried to export a clip from this new footage, it was warped (stretched vertically). I noticed in fcp7 that the sequence was set to 1440x1080. I have no idea how this setting happened for the new footage/sequence.

I'm trying desperately to not have to re-cutup the entire interview. Is there a way to get this 1440x1080 sequence (which looks normal when viewing in fcp) to match my other sequences so that when I export footage, it's not warped. I tried matching the sequence settings to all my other ones, but it just distorts the footage in fcp.

Any help is so greatly appreciated!
Sean

Return to posts index

Sean Winn
Re: Sequence footage settings messed up in fcp7
on Jul 22, 2012 at 6:31:11 pm

FIXED.
I Fixed this using Eric Strand's suggestion in the post 3 slots down from this one.
Put clips in appropriately sized new sequence, then applied a motion aspect ration change to all of them.
If you read this, thanks Eric.
Sean

Return to posts index

Eric Strand
Re: Sequence footage settings messed up in fcp7
on Jul 23, 2012 at 3:51:36 pm

Glad you got it worked out!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]