FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slacked on the Scratch (Capture)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grady Smith
Slacked on the Scratch (Capture)
on Jul 21, 2012 at 3:21:05 am

So at some point recently I stopped reseting my scratch disks or even remembering they exist and mid-way through a project it reset to my Mac HD. What is the best way to get that 150 GB of Capt Scatch footage over to my Ext HD? Is media manager the quickest and how do i do it for just those source clips.

I tried a MM test with one clip into a new project then just dragged to old project, but feel there should be a better way.

Also, would MM take longer for 150 GB than just dragging to ext HD and either "reconnecting" (lot of clips) or using MM from there?

Thanks,

Grady

Return to posts index

keith mcgregor
Re: Slacked on the Scratch (Capture)
on Jul 24, 2012 at 9:01:29 pm

Yes, media manager will take longer if you are copying but not moving (I think, mebbie depending on connection type, drive speed, amount of space left, amount of daisy-chaining) but as for manually moving the files and then reconnecting, you should only have to reconnect the first (make sure reconnect all media in relative path is on) and it should find all the others at the same time. I suppose though, firewire 800 and above would produce the same moving/copying time, which makes neither way faster or superior, just that with you moving the files manually you wouldn't need to make a new project or anything.
Hope this helps!
-Keith

Reality? What did you make it?

Return to posts index

Grady Smith
Re: Slacked on the Scratch (Capture)
on Jul 28, 2012 at 10:49:09 pm

Thanks Keith, yeah it was quite easy without MM. I didn't check "all relative media" i just selected all the media in each bin then reconnected and that worked fine.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]