FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stupid Question regarding file names...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stacey Johnsson
Stupid Question regarding file names...
on Jul 13, 2012 at 5:19:33 am

I'm sorry for such a stupid question, but I was wondering if anyone could help me, I appreciate it so much!

My boss gave me footage, I transcoded it, lets say all the files are named in this format:

"MVI_1234-Apple Pro Res"

My boss then also transcoded the footage and all his files are named like this:

He edited something and gave me that project file, obviously it doesn't match the file names that I have been working with...

Do I have to "reconnect" all this media by hand?
Or can I change the clip names in the file I've been working in to match his file names, then use the "rename file to match clip" to make all of my original files the same as my bosses?

Either way a lot more work and I'm just going to ask for his drive...but I am wondering if there is an easy solution I am overlooking so that we can make these two projects one...

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Stupid Question regarding file names...
on Jul 13, 2012 at 9:40:43 am

Well, I hope that more matches than the file name. The timecode and reel numbers will also need to match. What you two have done is made a mess, that might not connect with each other. What you SHOULD have done is transcoded the footage once, and then copy them so both of you have exact copies of the media.

What you have now you'll be lucky to connect. Get their drive from'd be easier.

Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Stacey Johnsson
Re: Stupid Question regarding file names...
on Jul 13, 2012 at 11:33:02 am

NORMALLY he is the only one who transcodes, he asked me to do it, and then ended up doing it also...

I'm just getting the footage he transcoded, I am not sure why HE thinks anything will match, and I'm obviously getting "unspecified path" errors from his footage.

Getting the drive is the best way, thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved