FORUMS: list search recent posts

Confused about DVX100 Capture/ Edit settings for FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Samuel Frazier
Confused about DVX100 Capture/ Edit settings for FCP
on May 21, 2012 at 10:09:13 am

I've spent hours upon hours upon hours trying to get definitive answers to this. Really have tried to do my homework. I shot on a DVX100b at 30p, captured at DV NTSC 48 Hz, then edited my film (a short documentary) on an Uncompressed 480p30 sequence. Also made a 480p30 ProRes sequence. ProRes and Uncompressed titles look so much better! Progressive titles seem to help a lot too. But, I was wondering if I did this right. Almost everyone seems to say capture at the standard DV NTSC preset (which would be 60i), but the experts seem divided on the edit sequence. Some say 60i, other 30p, others say 30p but immediately after you capture, go to your Browser and change the captured clips field dominance to None. The picture is locked now, so it's a bit too late to do it immediately.

So, what's the correct way to do this? Should I just change the captured clips field dominance to None? Am definitely concerned about losing half my resolution as heard this can happen if the fields are incorrectly set. Don't know if it matters, but:

1- the film has a number of sorta Ken Burns like still picture movements
2- I'm going to need to edit sections of this into a 1080p24 ProRes timeline. The film was a doc of a fun 1st annual event which I never thought would be a success on the festival circuit. But, it has been, and I shot the 2nd annual event on a Canon D60 at 1080p24.

Thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved