FORUMS: list search recent posts

Time Code problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Reed
Time Code problem
on May 9, 2012 at 7:26:11 pm

When I put a time code on the video I send the video out for someone to review. They make notes and send me their notes back. I use the notes to edit the video.

Whenever I go to edit the video, I have to start at the end and work toward the start in order to make the cuts in the correct place.

If I start at the beginning of the video and start making cuts as the notes show, the time code resets it sets itself and then the other cuts I need to make are not in the correct place. I have looked in the inspection window but did not see a setting that would prevent it from resetting.

My cutting notes indicate video & audio need to come out between (12:39:23 and 12:55:15) the next cuts would be made at (14:45:15 and 15:30:10).

What happens next is when the first times are removed, (12:39:23 and 12:55:15) it shifts the time of 14:45:15 over. So now instead of the next cut being in the correct place it is off by the difference of the first cut, second cut, etc.

Is there a way around this?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Time Code problem
on May 9, 2012 at 10:42:07 pm

I do the same thing you do. Work backwards.

Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dennis Leppell
Re: Time Code problem
on May 10, 2012 at 7:44:07 pm

If you're not too worried about re-rendering, drop the client's reference movie onto your timeline. Then reference the visual TC on THAT track when making your cuts. When you make your cut, be sure to include that track too...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved