FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to test SD Title Safe on an HD TV?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Rinehart
How to test SD Title Safe on an HD TV?
on May 9, 2012 at 4:28:32 pm

Is there any way to show someone definitively on an HD flatscreen T.V. that my graphics are going to get cut off (here in the office) BEFORE it goes to broadcast?

So, I've been going back and forth with my employer. I've come to the conclusion that they are all retards. I'm the only one that's worked in live broadcasting but they don't really believe me when I say that Title safe also means graphic safe for anything you want to see on screen and absolutely will not get cut off.

They keep pushing things beyond Title safe right up to action safe. I want to show them why this is a bad idea. How can I do this besides just pointing at the screen and saying "See those lines. It's a bad idea to go beyond that"? They need to be able to see how it will really look or else they won't believe me.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: How to test SD Title Safe on an HD TV?
on May 9, 2012 at 6:12:05 pm

You are correct, Title safe is where you are safe for visuals not being cut-off. This includes grfx.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 9, 2012 at 10:41:23 pm

I keep an old CRT broadcast monitor around for this very purpose. Downconvert from my Kona to this to show an SD signal...4:3 cropped.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
on May 10, 2012 at 8:01:16 pm

What Shane says plus this may help

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guidelines/dq/pdf/tv/tv_delivery_of_programmes_to_worl...

page 11 shows 4:3 safe in an HD frame.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on May 11, 2012 at 1:49:07 pm

However "differently abled" your employers are, you probably need a more elliptical method of describing their "perceptive limitations" in a world-wide, unerasable internet forum. Just saying.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]