FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting FCP to remember finder location when reconnecting footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawna Talbot
Getting FCP to remember finder location when reconnecting footage
on May 1, 2012 at 2:47:56 pm

Okay, I'm sure this is an easy answer and I feel so stupid that I don't know what I did. Basically my boss decided he wanted all his files drastically renamed and I've been going through reconnecting the media folder by folder.

Yesterday if I located the folder through the finder pop up the shows that it would automatically show the last folder I had selected in. Now it goes back to my base root files. I don't remember changing anything. I reconnected about half the clips yesterday, turned the computer off, came back to work and started things back up and now it's not remembering the last folder I was in.

Anyone know how I can change this back? My boss likes to change the file names often (much to my displeasure) so this will just save me so much time then clicking back into each folder one by one.

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: Getting FCP to remember finder location when reconnecting footage
on May 1, 2012 at 7:44:15 pm

Is Your boss renaming the media files from Finder? To make this process easier on you in the future, have him rename the files from within FCP's browser, then right click the file and choose Rename> File to match Clip. This way it never goes offline and saves you time (just don't forget to do the renaming, or you might end up confused by the clip in FCP and the file in Finder having different names but its still online). You could make a new bin, fill it with clips that your boss wants to rename, let him rename them and then go back and choose "file to match clip" for each clip on your own when he's done.

Remember, the File in Finder is "represented" by the Clip in FCP. Changing the clip name in FCP doesn't change the file name in Finder, so rename the clip in FCP and choose "file to match clip".

Return to posts index

Shawna Talbot
on May 1, 2012 at 8:22:05 pm

Oh, I know that, but he says clicking the rename from FCP is "too much work" for HIM. As he renames several clips at once with Renamer.

Either way FCP started remembering the last folder I was in again. Not sure why so if anyone knows what I did I'd love to know for future issues.

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on May 2, 2012 at 6:56:54 am

Gotcha, sorry I don't know the actual answer to your question.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]