FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can this be done????

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dorit grunberger
Can this be done????
on Apr 27, 2012 at 11:02:14 pm

FCP 7

I have a 13 minute video I need to subtitle into Burmese. Currently there are English language placeholders for the subtitles. In order to get the language to work, we have to use a very specific font called Win Innwa, which I received from the translation house.

Is it possible to create a keyboard shortcut to go directly to the Win Innwa font or any font for that matter? What I'm doing right now is very tedious. I copy a Burmese sentence from a Word doc, bring it into FCP, double click the English text subtitle, paste in the Burmese, and then I have to scroll down through all my fonts (lots) just to get to the one I need.

Other bits of info for inquiring minds:

It's a Copy/Paste deal from a line by line text translation Word doc already prepared. I don't know Burmese so it has to be a Copy/Paste.

OS X 10.6.8

I will be soooo thrilled if there is a way and if good instructions can be added. Me and my eyeballs will owe you!

Thanks in advance,
Dorit

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: Can this be done????
on Apr 28, 2012 at 1:05:07 am

Can't you create a motion template with a text generate defaulted to your desired font?

online editor | colorist | VFX | BD author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

dorit grunberger
on Apr 28, 2012 at 1:40:30 am

Hi Juan
Can you give more details? I don't see how this will save
Me time but maybe I don't understand your idea

Thanks in advance,
Dorit

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Apr 28, 2012 at 2:08:59 am

Actually the motion template is probably a bad idea. I think I misunderstood your question.

Here's a better idea. Instead of replacing English subs w/ burmese. Just do the Burmese on a new track. Copy one generator for the first clip. Then change the font in that. Paste in your first title. Then option drag that title with the font in Burmese over to the next title spot. There by duplicating the generator, then paste in the next line of text. Etc. etc.

If you're willing to pay, you can purchase title exchange pro, from spherico (they have a demo) which will let you convert your titles to an stl, which you can open in a regular text editor, insert the burnese, then put it back in title exchange and generate an XML with new titles in the appropriate font. Then just paste those in the sequence.

online editor | colorist | VFX | BD author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

dorit grunberger
on Apr 28, 2012 at 4:08:55 am

So my workflow right now is similar to your suggestion
I copy the already translated text from a prior sentence
Paste it and copy over to the new clip and on and on
Thanks for thinking about it there's no magic bullet

Thanks in advance,
Dorit