FORUMS: list search recent posts

Zooming on multiple clips (FCP 7)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Morris
Zooming on multiple clips (FCP 7)
on Apr 26, 2012 at 5:40:01 pm

Hi all,

Scouring the internet to no avail, but I'm looking for a way to use a keyframed zoom (scale in the motion tab) atop multiple clips. More specifically, I've got an animation built on the timeline consisting of several 300 dpi JPGS that I'm looking to zoom into without sacrificing image quality.

Exporting as new sequence and zooming onto that yields significantly lower quality images that aren't suitable for zooming because of the render.

C&Ping the effects of an initial clip don't work either because essentially each clip would need it's own in/out frames for the scaling.

Is there a solution out there?

Thanks so much for any and all help!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Zooming on multiple clips (FCP 7)
on Apr 26, 2012 at 9:45:49 pm

Copy-pasting the date from a master clip *should* work. You could try another workflow like having iphoto or Keynote, Apple's version of Powerpoint, do the slide moves and export them into an already-done MOV file. Look at a product called "photomagico", but there are others like it, some of them plug-ins you can download and try from places like Noise Industries. Maybe building this in Apple Motion, is another way to go.

Return to posts index

Tim Davison
Re: Zooming on multiple clips (FCP 7)
on May 16, 2014 at 9:41:19 am

I have the same problem as Jordan but I am working with video clips rather than photos. I have about 20 tracks (arranged in a 4 x 4 tiled arrangement) at 15% size, each with multiple different clips on the track but I need to uniformaly zoom into all the tracks back up to 100%.

I have also found that simply exporting the whole sequence as a quicktime video (which I thought was supposed to be virtually lossless?) it loses a huge amount of quality so when I zoom into the 1920 x 1080 file it looks pretty blurry at 100%.

Any tips?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]