FORUMS: list search recent posts

Distortion when using Log and Capture

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Whitestone
Distortion when using Log and Capture
on Apr 26, 2012 at 4:06:45 pm

Hi everyone, First time poster but a long time user of these forums. I have pretty much answered all of my questions by using this forum and I hope someone can help me out with this.

I received footage shot on a Panasonic AG-AC160 AVCCAM. I used Log and Transfer to bring it into Final Cut 7 from the SD Card and everything seemed to work well except there is a slight distortion on the imported footage. The shot is scaled up ever so slightly, but enough to make my subject look like I am shooting through a fish eye lens and to cut off about 1/3 of her forehead. I have matched up the imported footage to my raw footage and there is a noticeable difference.

The footage was shot 1080/60i. I didn't change any settings on the Log and Transfer screen and have never had this problem before.

For the record this is only my 3rd time transferring from an SD card and not tape so I'm not the most experienced when it comes to this. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Distortion when using Log and Capture
on Apr 26, 2012 at 5:10:39 pm

Did you paste this footage from one sequence to another?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Ron Whitestone
on Apr 26, 2012 at 5:20:00 pm

No, I imported with Log & Transfer and then dropped a clip into the Timeline. My sequence settings are set for:

Frame Size = 1920x1080
Aspect Ratio = HDTV 1080i (16:9)
Pixel Aspect Ratio = Square

29.97 FPS
Compressor is Apple ProRes422

Those are what FCP set it to after dropping the clip in. I've also checked the motion tab to make sure the scale is at 100% which it is. I had hoped it was just as simple as that lol.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on May 3, 2012 at 12:06:11 am

That camera has a 1440 x 1080 option so is probably your stuff is that format.
Make sure that the clips shows as "HD Pixels" (FC Browser), to edit it on your 1920x1080 SQ pixels sequence.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]