FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Export Markers List as Text" Out of Order in FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Rega
"Export Markers List as Text" Out of Order in FCP7
on Apr 25, 2012 at 9:16:52 pm

I'm using Final Cut Pro 7. I'm transcribing audio of several interviews for a documentary. We're using 2 cameras. I transcribe the audio of the camera with the main audio using markers. I then sync the camera angles on my sequence.

I then export the markers from the sequence so I have a transcription in .TXT file of my whole interview. I've noticed that when I export markers, in some interviews the markers are in correct chronological order, while other interviews they are not. Sometimes the markers start in the middle of the sequence and then work backward. It's very odd, there doesn't seem to be a pattern.

Is there a way to make sure all markers are exported chronologically starting at timecode 00:00:00;00? Exported markers that aren't in chronological order defeats the purpose of wanting to read through a whole interview from start to finish....

Thanks!

Sam

Return to posts index

Mette Reitzel
Re: "Export Markers List as Text" Out of Order in FCP7
on Jul 8, 2013 at 10:33:58 pm

Hi Sam,

I'm having the same problem, so was just wondering whether you ever found a solution?

Thanks,
Mette

Return to posts index

Sam Rega
Re: "Export Markers List as Text" Out of Order in FCP7
on Jul 9, 2013 at 1:29:12 pm

No I haven't found a solution to that original problem. I've moved clips around on the sequence to try to force the markers to export correctly, but nothing. I'm thinking it's a bug. So, I'm forced to to export markers from each clip individually and then organize them into one master .TXT file. A little more time, but order is correct.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]