FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with workflow on RED footage.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Tran
Problems with workflow on RED footage.
on Apr 24, 2012 at 10:13:20 pm

Hi there,

I'm at 4th year Film student at Ryerson University and I just shot my thesis film back in February on the RED camera. After principal photography was finished, I immediately handed it off to my editor (another student in my class). Now, a week before the film is due for grading from my profs and film festival deadlines, I found out that my editor has never edited on Red footage before and has been incorrectly editing it. She's been importing the .mov proxy files (low quality files the Red camera dumps for quick viewing purposes) to Final Cut to edit, instead of transcoding the R3D files and editing it offline through CineX (like how it's suppose to be done as I've been told).
A picture edit has been locked but the problem is that random frames are turning yellow through out the film, which I'm suspecting that Final Cut is not recognizing the REDCODE files.
I'm not an editor myself but another student who looked at the film said it's possible to save the edit if we make an offline edit and export it to an XML file to put in to Red CineX. After that, reconnect the R3D files and export the back to Final Cut as ProRes 4444.
The problem is, I do do not know how to do that. If anyone here has a solution, I would forever be in your debt. Please feel free to email me at don.tran@ryerson.ca
cheers,

Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]