FORUMS: list search recent posts

Chroma Key on Multiple Images. does anyone know how?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pijus balpijus
Chroma Key on Multiple Images. does anyone know how?
on Apr 21, 2012 at 11:29:59 am

I'am working with short animated clip, in FCE 4 actually, and i need to make animated character to move in real footage. I have finished ~ 700 pictures of that character, so what i don't understand is, how to delete white background out of so many pictures... Any suggestions? (p.s. I can create independent movie clip out of these images and then delete white background, but in this case i will lose quality, so it is my plan b)

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Chroma Key on Multiple Images. does anyone know how?
on Apr 23, 2012 at 2:31:10 pm

You might try a luminance key, tracking a multi-point mask, or hand-rotoscoping the art using a compositing tool like AfterEffects or even rotoscoping using a batch operation in Photoshop, which is not as hairy as it sounds.

Some pre-planning during the creation phase would have saved you a lot of time now.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Apr 23, 2012 at 5:00:21 pm

What program was the characters created in? Or is this footage of real people shot in front of a white background?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 23, 2012 at 6:47:56 pm

If the lines on the characters are closed circles, re-coloring the outside white area green can be done in a few seconds with a flood fill tool in photoshop. You can build an automated action for this and it will process the whole batch in less than a minute.

Return to posts index

pijus balpijus
on Apr 24, 2012 at 6:01:05 am

it was closed circles character (in fact, character was just a animated talking lips on real footage woman's breasts). i used photoshop for rotoscoping, but my mistake was to save all these frames in jpg. i should have save it in png, so FCE could read it without background layer, which in my case, was white.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Apr 25, 2012 at 4:20:51 pm

Go with what Mark said, try a Luma Key. I've had some luck with the Color Key as well.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]