FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bringing in Mono Tracks in Log and Transfer

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Nelson
Bringing in Mono Tracks in Log and Transfer
on Apr 18, 2012 at 3:06:05 pm

I did search first, I swear. But it's hard to know what to search on for this one.

My client just came in with all of her media already nicely imported and organized in FCP7. She used Log and Transfer to bring in her Panasonic MTS files. Unfortunately, she brought in all of her two-mic audio as stereo pairs. When she asked me how to bring them in next time as two-track mono, I showed her how you open the Log and Transfer window and go to the lower right hand corner where (as shown from the users manual below) there should be under the logging window, audio track info. You simply deselect the 'chain' icon and audio should now come in as however many tracks of unlinked mono.

But this part of the window doesn't appear in either my FCP setup or hers (see below). Why is that and how do we bring this stuff in not as stereo pairs?

Martin

2 x 2.26 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
12 GB RAM
OS 10.6.8
ATI Radeon HD 4870
FCP 7.0.2
Quicktime 7.6.6
Avid Media Composer 5.5
Matrox MXO2 Mini, Driver v.2.2.3.0043

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Bringing in Mono Tracks in Log and Transfer
on Apr 20, 2012 at 9:25:42 pm

Not sure why you don't have the option in LT, but it's just a marker telling FCP how to pan the tracks. You can either break them into mono tracks in the timeline (option + L) or do it in the bin. Although that option may have disappeared years ago. You used to be able to right click on the audio type column and choose stereo or 2A. You could do it to all your clips in one fell swoop(click).

Return to posts index

Martin Nelson
Re: Bringing in Mono Tracks in Log and Transfer
on Apr 20, 2012 at 10:12:24 pm

[Bret Williams] "You can either break them into mono tracks in the timeline (option + L)…"

Yeah, I'd rather have them all that way before they got into the timeline.

[Bret Williams] "…or do it in the bin. Although that option may have disappeared years ago. You used to be able to right click on the audio type column and choose stereo or 2A. You could do it to all your clips in one fell swoop(click)."

I tried that in the 'Audio' column. There are 'No Shortcuts.' True in so much of life.

Wish I knew why it's missing from Log and Transfer.

Martin

2 x 2.26 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
12 GB RAM
OS 10.6.8
ATI Radeon HD 4870
FCP 7.0.2
Quicktime 7.6.6
Avid Media Composer 5.5
Matrox MXO2 Mini, Driver v.2.2.3.0043

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved