Skin tone correction Final Cut

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
M. Louise May
Skin tone correction Final Cut
on Apr 16, 2012 at 3:21:10 pm

Hello!
I need to ask for your helpful advice in this:
working on a 2 minutes clip, shot on EX1, green screen, one person standing in front to camera, medium shot. This person has a very white skin, but became very nervous during take, so her face is terribly red and chest and arms are pale white.
I'm trying to find a fast workflow to match both skin tones. I'm using FCP and Primatte Keyer in editing plus Three Way Color Correction for average workflow, but this is not enough in this case.
How would you try to solve this? After Effects? Color?
Im working with XDCam 1080 50i, no external monitor (Ultra low budget project, that's why I need a fast and magical workflow)
Thank you all for your help and wisdom!

Lou

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Skin tone correction Final Cut
on Apr 16, 2012 at 4:44:55 pm

Throw money at it with the digital makeup plug-in, or isolate the problem sections with multiple, layered masks and try Apple Color on it?

Return to posts index

Thomas Morter-Laing
on Apr 17, 2012 at 8:29:50 am

Hope this helps: use these principles to correct the color:

Use this one to create a custome mask so it only effects the area you need it to (ie the skin areas):

Then use this to track it:

Of course, that only works if they stay relatively same in shaep (ie dont turn their body). You may need to get creative with keyframing mask shape.

Tom Morter-Laing
Twitter- @TomTheEditor
iMac 27" intel i7 3.4GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI HD 6970M [2GB GDDR5], 2x G-Tech G-RAID (0) 2TB over Thunderbolt via Sonnet Echo ExpressCard/34 Thunderbolt adapter and Tempo™ SATA ExpressCard/34. Elgato Turbo H264HD.

Return to posts index

M. Louise May
on Apr 22, 2012 at 8:41:04 pm

Thank you deeply! These tutorials we're really helpful. Just need some more patience and hard work.
Thanks again!

L.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]