FORUMS: list search recent posts

Auto-Exposure Fix or Filter?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jet Waller
Auto-Exposure Fix or Filter?
on Apr 4, 2012 at 3:19:46 pm

Does anyone know of a FCP filter or suggested workflow for fixing video shot without disabling auto-exposure (DSLR newbie error).

Imagine a pan of an outdoor scene with 4 exposure level adjustments...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jet W.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Auto-Exposure Fix or Filter?
on Apr 4, 2012 at 3:55:23 pm

I have heard of a guy that built a fix for this in AfterEffects, but I lost the details. I think he went on to make a plug-in out of it, so I would check toolfarm and places like that for such a thing.

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Apr 4, 2012 at 5:06:09 pm

maybe Sapphire "Flicker-Remove"

Return to posts index

Jet Waller
on Apr 4, 2012 at 5:26:07 pm

I think a flicker remove filter would be a good place to start. Sapphire is a bit out of the price range. If anyone has found one that worked well and is affordable, please let me know.

I'll keep looking and will test some demos too.

Thanks!!
Jet

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
on Apr 5, 2012 at 11:44:29 am

I am not sure flicker remover would be the ideal for exposure changes - unless they happen as fast as 'a flicker'
I suspect the exposure changes are much too slow to be 'flickery'
You can download a fully working trial of Sapphire that I think lasts 2 weeks so you can give it a go for free.

Its actually not an easy thing to totally fix - I dont know about the AE plug-in so worth looking to see if that helps.

Otherwise its worth a try using the colour corrector to smooth out the changes as much as possible. Use add edits (sorry Avid term) blade tool to mark the different exposure sections and then adjust each to be as similar as you can get them. Then put dissolves bewtween to smooth out the changes. It wont be perfect, but it may just be enough, depending on how big the variations in exposure are.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

Jet Waller
on Apr 5, 2012 at 12:39:55 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.

I will try the Sapphire trial and the by manual (add edit) repair as well. Luckily it's just two shots in the film. They are both important so I'm stuck either way. I'll even be happy with minor improvement. I'll report back if one or the other works better. Will get to this work in about 3 weeks.

Still taking suggestions in the meantime.

Thanks,
Jet

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]