FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log and Transfer has low Gig memory...how to clear it up?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Goldberg
Log and Transfer has low Gig memory...how to clear it up?
on Mar 30, 2012 at 11:16:41 pm

Hey all, here's an issue I'm having.

I'm using an HVX100 via Device1394 and firewire plugged into an external 1TB HD which connects another cable from the HD into my laptop. When I export from my P2 cards, I use log and transfer. Whenever I start to log and transfer, it brings my space down and down and down and at one point it said "disk space full" so I had to delete a bunch of .mov files that were old from my hard drive.

I'm on a schedule where I have to wait until Monday and can't delete the clips with the company saying so. So my dilemma is this: I have to upload something that is about 140 gig and I wanted to free up space but also not accidentally delete the clips that I need to keep til Monday. Tomorrow I have to shoot and get the footage uploaded but can't if in log and transfer it shows no space.

Right now it's 82 gig free, but that's not enough.

How can I free up that space?

Return to posts index

Scott Goldberg
Re: Log and Transfer has low Gig memory...how to clear it up?
on Mar 30, 2012 at 11:42:39 pm

Well I accidentally deleted it so they'll have to be okay with the edits. I had that already in their ftp.

I guess my main question is with that whole setup, how does one not fill up their space in the log and transfer if capturing that way?

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: Log and Transfer has low Gig memory...how to clear it up?
on Mar 31, 2012 at 8:41:44 am

"I guess my main question is with that whole setup, how does one not fill up their space in the log and transfer if capturing that way?"

By adding more storage capacity. Capturing video to a hard drive is going to use up space on the drive, no way around that. I suggest that you look into backing up your drives as well. Hard drives are cheap and if your income depends on the contents of a hard drive, you can't afford not to have backups.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]