FORUMS: list search recent posts

Square and rectangular pixels in workflow

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keehn Thomsen
Square and rectangular pixels in workflow
on Mar 27, 2012 at 11:14:28 pm

I use FCP 5 and capture from a DVX-100 shooting 30p. Capture setting is DV NTSC 720X480. Viewer setting is 100% with Square pixels checked. All of the clips look fine. I then export using Quick Time Conversion at current settings to get a Quick Time Movie, but when played in the Quick Time Player all of the circles become ovals. If I export using DV NTSC 720X480 4:3 (640X480) then things look fine. But next I use DVD Pro to make a DVD. Then things look fine on my computer, but when played on my TV I get the ovals again.

So my question is - Can you make a DVD that will look normal on a TV and a computer?

Also, I capture my video clips and they are .mov files, so I then open them in Quick Time Player and now I get really big ovals. When I ask Quick Time Player for the clip's format it says 853 X 480. How does it get to 853? Thanks

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Square and rectangular pixels in workflow
on Mar 28, 2012 at 11:24:51 am

[Keehn Thomsen] " Viewer setting is 100% with Square pixels checked"
Right, this affects only to the viewer, so you see the movie with the proper aspect ratio.
When you export, you are exporting pixels, but QT doesn't do as FC to correct for the pixels aspect.

If you wan't your movie to be displayed properly in computers (SQ pixels), you must eexport keeping the 4x3 proportions, as you did it with the 640x480.

[Keehn Thomsen] "So my question is - Can you make a DVD that will look normal on a TV and a computer?"
The DVD will work ok with the 720x480 NTSC pixels.That's the standard.
Will display well in TV sets and when played in computers the player will correct for the computer screen SQ pixels.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

becky balsano
Re: Square and rectangular pixels in workflow
on Oct 8, 2013 at 6:57:03 pm

My DVD pro had Rectangular pixels checked - they should be square - yes?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]