FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pro Res 422 Question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Rasch
Pro Res 422 Question
on Mar 27, 2012 at 4:42:46 pm

I just updated from FCP 5 to 7. So this is my first time dealing with Pro Res. I receive mostly mini dv tapes, but also digi beta, beta sp....I was wondering if the video I get has to be shot in HD to apply Pro Res 422 for exporting or if it even matters at all. Same question for the other Pro Res versions: Proxy, LT, HQ, 4444.

Return to posts index

Daniel Sametz
Re: Pro Res 422 Question
on Mar 27, 2012 at 6:30:38 pm

Hi, Mike:
You can use Prores in SD without any problem.
I found that if your content is going to internet or maybe you are a student with a short film even some Panasonic cameras, like the AG-AF100, recomends Prores LT . Is just fine and it takes less disk space. Prores is the standard and it ok, altought my guess is that in most cases LT is just what you need, I would recomend you to not use Prores HQ or 4444 unless you were planing on doing keying or extensive color correction.

Return to posts index

Mike Rasch
on Mar 27, 2012 at 6:47:11 pm

Will the video quality be that much better? I mainly just take my edited video and put it to dvd. It seems like the video quality couldn't really get that much better, but I don't really know.

Return to posts index

Daniel Sametz
on Mar 27, 2012 at 7:45:40 pm

I dont think you will notice a significant improve, just stick to Prores LT. You can make some test just to be sure.

Return to posts index

Danny Young
on Apr 4, 2012 at 11:57:06 am

I defiantly agree with Daniel, ProRes LT is the go for you coming from MiniDV and SP (Digital Betacam might have a slight improvement using ProRes or ProRes(HQ) but you would be hard pressed to find anyone to see the difference). For some more info on the codec have a look here http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5151

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]