FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error message when reconnecting audio file: "the file does not have enough audio tracks to reconnect"

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Azoni
Error message when reconnecting audio file: "the file does not have enough audio tracks to reconnect"
on Mar 26, 2012 at 5:52:30 pm

Hey, so I have an audio file from a wedding toast in this edit I'm trying to finish up. There was some noise in the audio so we sent it off to our audio guy to clean up. The file he sent back is the same exact length as the source file, and whenever I try to reconnect the edited file I get an error message that says "the file does not have enough audio tracks to reconnect to [source file name]"

Our audio guy sent me both a mono and a stereo version of the same file. The source file is a stereo file. Neither the edited mono nor the stereo file will reconnect.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Dennis Leppell
Re: Error message when reconnecting audio file: "the file does not have enough audio tracks to reconnect"
on Mar 26, 2012 at 7:16:44 pm

manually drag the file into your timeline.

As to what the problem is, is it possible that the original file had 4 channels of audio (2 external mics + 2 stereo on-camera mic?), which then you deleted 2 of them? If so, by reconnecting it's looking for a file with 4 tracks of audio, not the 2 tracks that your audio guy provided.

Return to posts index

John Azoni
Re: Error message when reconnecting audio file: "the file does not have enough audio tracks to reconnect"
on Mar 26, 2012 at 7:37:28 pm

Well I know I can manually drag it in the timeline, but I'm trying to avoid having to re-edit all that audio. I made lots of cuts and whatnot.

The source audio is just 2 channels.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]