FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final cut pro 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Severn
Final cut pro 7
on Mar 23, 2012 at 6:25:21 pm

Before i start i apologise if this is in the wrong place and also if it as been answered before but i have looked and can only find people who have similar problems but the solution they have been given don't quite work for my problem.

Anyway i started recording short movie reviews for youtube and the first one went well. I then tried the same again with another movie but this time when i import the .MOV file into FCP i don't get any sound where as before i did. Both video files used are .AVI then i converted them using MPEG Stream-clip but still no luck. Does anybody know what i could be doing wrong? any help would be much appreciated and i am new to this so if you need any more information that i might of missed out then please ask.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Final cut pro 7
on Mar 25, 2012 at 11:56:32 am

Are you sure the movie has audio?
Does sound when you play it with MPGStreamclip?
Anyway I recommend you to download and install "Perian" that is very good for managing AVID on Macs.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Jason Severn
on Mar 25, 2012 at 12:20:30 pm

Hey thanks for your reply. The movie has audio when i play it with VLC player but doesn't have it when opened in mpeg stream clip and thanks i will check that link out now.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Mar 26, 2012 at 3:52:51 am

VLC can read almost everything, but the clip may contents some format of audio that QT can't read.
Normally you should get a warning from QT telling you that is missing some component to read the audio.
Anyway, try Perian. Comes with a wide library for non supported QT formats (Divex, etc).
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Jason Severn
on Mar 26, 2012 at 10:32:17 pm

Thanks i tried Perian and it works fine now...really appreciate the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]