FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro Render adds extra frames back in to footage shot at 24fps

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marty Elcan
Final Cut Pro Render adds extra frames back in to footage shot at 24fps
on Mar 6, 2012 at 8:48:35 pm

I shot footage at 24fps with a Canon HFS100 and Log and Transfer doesn't recognize this particular Canon format, so makes the footage 29.97, adding the extra frames in.

Usually, if I create a sequence for 23.98, and drag footage into the timeline, it asks if I want to match the sequence to the footage, I say no, and it plays beautifully in the new time line -- no stuttered added frame look.

However, there are several clips that still show the extra frame, making for a very static-y look.

I have tried creating a new sequence at 23.98, and pulling the clip into there,and once again, it looks perfect. But then there's a gren line, indicating it needs to be rendered. I've had mixed results with then rendering and copying it and putting it back in my original timeline. Sometimes it looks PERFECT -- 23.98, no added frames, and other times, it comes in with the added frames and stuttered look.
Cannot figure out how to consistently let FCP convert the footage back to what I originally shot! Any ideas? (Of COURSE I have a project that must be turned in IMMEDIATELY -- how rare, right?)

Using FCP 6 on a Mac.

THANK YOU!!!
Marty

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]