FORUMS: list search recent posts

Imported Audio is drenched in reverb

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Rabuck
Imported Audio is drenched in reverb
on Mar 3, 2012 at 8:28:35 pm

Total noobie here.. First hour with trial version.
Any audio I drag into the project becomes bathed in reverb.
It doesn't seem like any effects are on the clip but something's wrong..

..thanks.

Return to posts index

Mark Rabuck
Re: Imported Audio is drenched in reverb
on Mar 3, 2012 at 11:47:26 pm

Just to be clear; I am not trying to remove reverb or any kind of natural room ambiance. I'm importing a music track.

Return to posts index

Mark Rabuck
on Mar 5, 2012 at 11:50:43 am

Hmm.. No responses.. No matter. I figured it out.

Apparently, FCP doesn't like mono tracks. I had to the audio as stereo interleaved in Pro Tools. Doesn't seem right that FCP can't handle mono tracks.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to stop video clips from snapping when I remove chunks in my attempts to use fade effects, etc. I'm thinking it doesn't like it when they originate from the same file.

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on Mar 6, 2012 at 9:21:11 am

Not quite sure what you're asking...

I've never had a problem mixing stereo and mono tracks in a sequence.

You can switch snapping on and off, but do you mean linking (where, for example, cutting an audio track would cut the linked video track at the same time)?

Return to posts index

Mark Rabuck
on Mar 6, 2012 at 12:04:09 pm

Thanks for the response Andrew..

In the case of the mono audio tracks, when I dragged them on to an unused area, they just sound very muddy and almost as if they were entirely reverb mix. Anyways, it's not a big deal - I'll use what works.

In the case of the snapping, I'm dealing with a video clips that have audio on them. I'll try "N" tonight. I'm assuming that I can individually assign snap on an off for each clip. Either way, I should be able to do it.

I'm also hoping to figure out how to unlink video clips that I have cut with the blade. They all just follow each other around and make a mess of things. I'm one of those people who prefers to not view/read the tutorials at first, just to see how intuitive the program is. Guess I may just have to break down and do that, huh?

Thanks again, Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]