FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with Sony HDR-CX700 VE and FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xavier Escorihuela
Problems with Sony HDR-CX700 VE and FCP
on Feb 21, 2012 at 10:00:55 pm

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, and I'm looking for some help.

I have a friend who has been making films for over 30 years, always as an amateur (not making money with it). About three years ago, in 2008, he decided to make the leap to computer edition and bought this computer: APPLE: W881424GZE3 Model: A1224. He also bought the Final Cut Studio 2: 034-4076-A Pro 6.0.1.

With this equipment and a Panasonic MiniDV camera he had been editing his latest short stories.

Last year, he decided to make the jump to HD and bought a Sony HDR-CX700 VE and here the problems began. The process followed is:

- On a Windows laptop he uses Total Video Converter to transfer the content of the Sony has to the MOV format. The clips are perfect, he chooses the ones he's interested in and then he copies them to a memory stick.

- Then, He goes to the MAC, creates a folder and copy there the memory stick clips. Also in the MAC the clips playback perfectly fine.
- If you open the clips separately from Final Cut, also displayed smoothly.
- The problem occurs when the cut clips and put them in the timeline of Final Cut for editing. When switching from one clip to another occur (although not always) a slight image stops. The "dial" of the timeline shows a small area of ​​brown color (perhaps indicating a problem).

And so we are!

Do you know what the problem is and how to fix it?

I once edited a holiday video with Windows and Pinnacle Studio and I never had to do any conversion. I connected my Sony Digital8 Studio to the computer and it imported the film for subsequent cutting sequences and final assembly.

Should not be equal in Final Cut? That is, open Final Cut, connect the camcorder, import and edit (cut, delete, transitions, text, music ...)

Maybe I'm talking nonsense due to my unfamiliarity with the program, sorry.

Can you help us, please?

Best regards.

Xavier

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Problems with Sony HDR-CX700 VE and FCP
on Feb 22, 2012 at 5:54:04 pm

Hi xavier,
I don't know to which codec your friend convert the footage on the PC, but PCs are not the best option to transcode to QT (no quality codecs available).
I would try to manage all the workflow on the Mac. You should try something like "ClipWrap" to convert the AVCHD footage from the camera to Prores or any of the ClipWrap options.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Xavier Escorihuela
Re: Problems with Sony HDR-CX700 VE and FCP
on Mar 13, 2012 at 8:39:32 pm

Hi Rafael,

excuse me for the delay in my replay but I've outside home.

I will give all the information to my friend and I will try to help him to solve the problem. I hope to inform you about the process.

Once more, thanks a lot and best regards.

Xavier

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]