FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to convert 1080i HD for Vimeo and Youtube playback

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Anderson
How to convert 1080i HD for Vimeo and Youtube playback
on Feb 19, 2012 at 5:35:55 am

Hello,

I'm working on a How-to video. I'm a biologist, and I'm way out of my league on this project. I've made one video before using iMovie 09. Everything was going great until it came time to convert(?) encode(?) it so that it could be streamed from Vimeo, I recorded the footage in 1080i HD 16:9, and apparently iMovie 09 had some issues with interlaced video.

For this project, I used the same cameras and recorded in 1080i HD 16:9, but I worked in Final Cut Pro X. I've just finished the editing process and now I'm ready to convert so that it can be watched on Youtube and Vimeo. The video is 15 minutes long.

Does anyone have any advice on how to convert it so that it looks nice and doesn't take too long to buffer when trying to stream it? In addition to Final Cut Pro X, I also have Compressor, but I've never used it before. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Erik

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: How to convert 1080i HD for Vimeo and Youtube playback
on Feb 19, 2012 at 12:23:12 pm

Hi Erik,
There is an FCPX Techinques Forum. Click on top of this page.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Drake Hale
Re: How to convert 1080i HD for Vimeo and Youtube playback
on Feb 20, 2012 at 4:44:32 pm

Really compression just comes down to the data rate your going to assign to the video. Try and bring the video into compressor, I haven't used X so there may be a YouTube preset. Just remember that Vimeo/YouTube recompresses your video when you upload it so you want supreme quality when you give it to them. When I do 1080i I usually use h.264 with a data rate between 8000-10,000. You will want to de-interlace it since it is destined for the web. Experimentation will set you free and you might just learn a little something about compressor while your at it!

"It's all about keyframes"
Anonymous

2011 3.2GHz 27" iMac, Final Cut Studio 2, Adobe CS4

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]