FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question on Defrag...this may not be the right place, direct me...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suzin Daly
Question on Defrag...this may not be the right place, direct me...
on Feb 18, 2012 at 4:50:46 pm

I am having problems with out of memory warning..., went through the suggestions of lowing large pictuers, sequece setting changes to render in RGB. Took a suggestion in removing old renders. dropping preferences, restarting etc. I also removed FCP using FCP remover and reinstalling. I had not tested out FCP yet, but when working on Soundtrack Pro on a ten minute audio I got a warning not enough....

I will be working on FCP in a few hours, But, I have a hunch I may have the same old problem of out of memory warning will show up again.

What I am leading up to...A question that someone asked me, maybe it would help if I defrag my hard drive(s). I have never done that on my Mac, but have on my PC. I understand that this may not be the right forum to ask...please feel free to redirect me...
Information on my Mac: Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 2.8 Ghz, 2 processors, 8 number of cores, 12 MB L2 Cache9per processor, 12 GB memory, bus speed 1.6 Ghz

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Question on Defrag...this may not be the right place, direct me...
on Feb 19, 2012 at 12:18:30 pm

No de-frag needed with macs, but there are other maintenance routines to avoid those glitches: Repairing permissions, cleaning caches (Mac Janitor) and most of all rebuilding directories (DiskWarrior or TechTools).
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Question on Defrag...this may not be the right place, direct me...
on Feb 22, 2012 at 8:46:45 pm

You're not keeping the audio and video fieles on the same HD as the operating system, right?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]