FORUMS: list search recent posts

Send to SoundTrack

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terence Lyons
Send to SoundTrack
on Feb 13, 2012 at 7:50:16 pm

How do I send a clip to from FCP7 to SoundTrack Pro (STP) without sending the entire audio track?

I have a sequence that is 30 minutes long. It is razor-ed into multiple cuts (or clips). If I Option-Select one 'of these clips, say one, 5 seconds long, and Control click, Send To, STP Audio Project', what happens is the entire 30 minutes of audio ends up being sent. So far I have been able to work with this but it's easy to lose my place also with an errant click in the timeline. Then I have to scroll about looking for that selection. Yes, I do find it but this is not a favorable way to work. So my question is, can I make a selection and send ONLY THAT SELECTION to STP?

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
Re: Send to SoundTrack
on Feb 14, 2012 at 10:19:24 pm

Yeah that's a bummer, a limit. There's two send to... options. One is the Soundtrack Pro Project, and the other option is the send to a multi-track project. In cases like you mention I send to STP as a multichanel project. Then you have to set up busses and effects and route your signal traditionally.

The other way you can do this, is to export and create new media and set up a new sequence. Then the send to stp is the new media.

However! Projects that reach the 20 minute mark seem unstable, crash and close.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]