FORUMS: list search recent posts

Viewer running extremely slow

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jessica Jones
Viewer running extremely slow
on Feb 3, 2012 at 11:24:00 pm

Hi everyone,

I know there has been a previous post on this issue, but it doesn't seem to fit my problem exactly.

I've been using FCP 7 to edit large files and just yesterday it started acting extremely slow. It takes forever to read a project. Then once I try to view the footage in the browser the color wheel spins for a couple of seconds and the clips plays, but at a very slow frame rate and it stops after a couple of seconds. When I try to play the same clip in the timeline (already in a sequence before I ran into this issue) it is at a normal speed (well almost, I still feel like it is a little slower than normal).

I am using a Mac Pro and all my footage is backed up to a Drobo S, which is connected to my computer with a Firewire800.

Here is why I have tried to solve this problem:
- deleted extraneous files from my HD
- successfully ran disk repair on HD
- successfully ran disk repair on Drobo S
- deleted thumbnail and wave cache folders
- tested smaller project files
- changed firewire chord

In previous posts, the forums mention that the external harddrive might have gone bad. I don't think that this is the case, because I network this Drobo S, and the other editing station is able to access the project files and footage without experiencing the same problems.

The other thing that I tried, was I copied footage from the Drobo to my harddrive and it was able to play smoothly.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jessica

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Viewer running extremely slow
on Feb 5, 2012 at 4:07:14 pm

Hi jessica,
Try trashing FC preferences and if that doesn't improve things, try running DiskWarrior or TechTools to optimize your system and hard drives.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]