Jittery DV footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Payne
Jittery DV footage
on Feb 2, 2012 at 7:47:36 pm

Hey guys,
using FCP 7.
Working in a 23.98 timebase with HD footage. Brought some 29.97 DV footage into it, looks fine in preview but once I render or export it becomes jittery (just the dv footage, everything else is fine). Suspect it's a framerate issue, not sure how to fix it. I've spent all day reverse-telecining, converting framerates, creating new sequences, all this stuff... any chance someone can just tell me what I need to do to fix this? Only option I see right now is to create a 29.97 sequence and drag ALL my footage into it, but besides being incredibly time consuming re-editing everything (since the in/out points will be off) I'm worried this may have an affect on the final product of the 23.98 footage. Really hope there's a better answer.

Return to posts index

Frank Giardina
Re: Jittery DV footage
on Feb 2, 2012 at 8:34:04 pm

I've been in that situation before. Mixted frame rates just won't work. What I did was convert the problem clips using compressor. You can create a custom setting, then brig the clips in and let compressor do it's thing. What version of FC are you using. If you email me, I'll send you some screen shots to look at.

Best Regards!

Frank Giardina
17 Video Production

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved