FORUMS: list search recent posts

out of memory

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suzin Daly
out of memory
on Jan 30, 2012 at 6:34:51 pm

I have been having problems editing a short commercial piece. 1920 x 1080, I get out of memory warning. FCP 7.0.3 10 GB of memory, 2 x2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 2 processors, 8 core bus speed 1.6 GHz I have restarted a few times. Looking for suggestions on what else I can do...My hard drives are not loaded.

Return to posts index

jerry wise
Re: out of memory
on Jan 30, 2012 at 8:00:50 pm

you might be using very large pictures in your edit. re-size them down some and that will help. you might also go to Sequence,Settings,Video Processing,and tic on Always Render in RGB.

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Jan 30, 2012 at 8:12:57 pm

Thanks for the recommendations. I have taken your recommendation and went to Sequences and tic on render RGB. See if it helps. The pictures have been brought down, but will check to see if all have been reduced.

The only thing I have not tried is uninstalling FCP [only] and re-install. This was recommended to me. I am such a coward...

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Jan 30, 2012 at 9:53:25 pm

did it work?

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Jan 30, 2012 at 10:20:32 pm

So far I have not gotten any "out of memory notices."
Tomorrow is another day...to freak out. I thank you again for your suggestion and direction. It is a learning process. I wish I was in a production company as an editor assistant, intern anything, I would learn so much faster....

Return to posts index

Craig Johnson
on Jan 31, 2012 at 1:30:58 am

Check for old renders and blow them away. It made a huge difference on my rig.

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Jan 31, 2012 at 12:29:12 pm

Great idea, will do that too...
Thanks so much...
Sz

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]